In this phase of the players development for the player which has developed competent motor skills and foundation of technique and athletic development we begin to focus on the development of skill and speed and further developing their skillset.
The Ascending program Ages 9-12
The program includes the following aspects in development
- Ball mastery – being comfortable with the ball individual skill
- Ball striking – inclusive different types of passing and shooting techniques
- 1 v 1 attacking and defending situations
- Principles of play – understanding positional play, off the ball movement
- Football specific conditioning – involving small sided matches